Composition: Cefixime 200 Mg
- Reviews (0)
- Product Description
● Tonsillitis ● Pharyngitis ● Otitismedia ● Bronchitis ● Urinary tract infections ● Gonorrhea ● Infections caused by susceptible organisms.
Cefixime is an orally active 3rd generation cephalosporin which exerts its bactericidal action against both gram positive & gram negative organisms by inhibiting bacterial cell wall synthesis. Cefixime inhibits transpeptidase & thus prevents cross linking of bacterial cell wall. Transpeptidase & associated proteins constitute various types of specific binding proteins which have affinity for cephalosporins like Cefixime. It is highly active against enterobacteriaceae, Haemophilus influenzae, Streptococcus pyogens & Streptococcus pneumonia &many beta lactamase producing bacteria.
● Absorption: Absorbed orally up to 50 % & food delays absorption.
● Distribution: widely distributed.
● Metabolism: A portion of drug is metabolized in the body.
● Excretion: Excreted mainly through urine.
● Onset of Action for Cefixime: Within one hour.
● Duration of Action for Cefixime: 18 hours.
● Half Life of Cefixime: 3 hour.
● Loose or frequent stools
● Abdominal pain
● Stomach upset and flatulence
● Hypersensitivity to cephalosporins.
● Along with carbamazepine.
● Pseudo membranous colitis.
● Probenecid: Increases and prolongs the effect.
● Oral anticoagulants: Effects of anticoagulants potentiated.
● No clinically significant effect of food on the absorption of cefixime.
Warning and Precautions:
● Caution should be exercised in patients with history of diarrhea, stomach or bowel problems (eg, inflammation), bleeding or blood clotting problems, kidney or liver problems, poor nutrition, any allergy, who are taking other medications, children, during pregnancy and breast feeding.
● It may cause dizziness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
● Avoid alcohol consumption.
● Avoid changing dose forms (eg, tablets, suspension) without your doctor’s advice.
● Take full course of treatment.
● It may reduce platelet counts, avoid injury or bruising.
● Avoid any vaccination during the treatment.